Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Schedule

Welcome, friends!

I thought I'd put a first post on here just to get us started.

Yesterday, when I was able to get to my copy of Purgatorio, I slapped myself upside the head. How could I forget that there were 33 cantos? Or that the whole thing takes place before sunrise on Easter morning? (Again, how perfect for Lent!)

So, since Lent is just a bit more than six weeks long, how is this for a schedule?

This week: Cantos 1-3

Every week in Lent thereafter: 5 cantos/week.

That should have us finishing up with Canto 33 on Holy Saturday, just before Easter.

In order for this not to be too burdensome, shall we just plan on each blogging our impressions once a week? You can do more (blog as you go, by all means!), but once a week will be the general expectation. And feel free to just post a quotation that struck you, or a question you have, or an issue the poem led you to think of, or something short like that. A full essay is NOT required. :) Though feel free to favor us with an essay if you have one to write.

-Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment